Follow Me on Social Media
to my personal journal through my viewfinder. A place where I leave the world behind and try to find the spirit of what I am seeing.
Feel free to look around at all the posts and pages. If you'd like to borrow a photo(s) for your non-commercial blog or website, be my guest. Please, do not alter the photo(s) and be sure to link back to this blog with a prominent photo credit(s). Thank you and I'm thrilled you dropped in!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Top 3 Views
- Didn't he complain about Obama playing golf and then said he wouldn't have time for golf as he'd be too busy being… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 3 hours ago
- For @BrentAxeMedia twitter.com/OnlyFilmMedia/… : 4 hours ago
- Today's Lake Apopka #wildlife photo: Green Heron at Lake Apopka #birds #florida #flickr flic.kr/p/2fUR2Ph : 4 hours ago
- The @Bville_Bees @Bville_Boys_Lax move on after defeating the @CNSAthletics @CNSBLAX, 7-4, in @NYSPHSAA #classa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 15 hours ago
- At the half, @Bville_Bees @Bville_Boys_Lax are up on @CNSAthletics @CNSBLAX, 4-1, in @NYSPHSAA #classa #boys… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 16 hours ago
Tag Archives: gorge
es·carp·ment – long continuous steep face of a ridge or plateau formed by erosion. Little did I know I have been living near various escarpments around New York state all my life. These escarpments are the reason for the gorges and … Continue reading
I have been meaning to get to Fillmore Glen State Park for awhile now. After Scott Bishop on his Life Normal blog posted photos from Fillmore, I made it a top priority to get there the next time I could. … Continue reading
The name Taughannock comes from the Algonquian-speaking Lenni Lenape (Delaware) Indians, referring either to chief Taughannock or the word taghkanic (great fall in the woods) [Source Wikipedia]. I like the latter definition of Taughannock as you walk on a trail in the woods along a meandering creek to the … Continue reading
Watkins Glen State Park and Watkins Glen International (WGI) lie within five miles of each other at the southern end of Seneca Lake in the Finger Lakes region of New York State. The state park features a magnificent natural gorge … Continue reading