For the week of 9/11/11, Syracuse, New York is lighting the fountains at Clinton Square in red, white and blue for the first time. I photographed this at twilight to get the deep blue in the sky and set my tripod low to emphasize it.
Follow Me on Social Media
to my personal journal through my viewfinder. A place where I leave the world behind and try to find the spirit of what I am seeing.
Feel free to look around at all the posts and pages. If you'd like to borrow a photo(s) for your non-commercial blog or website, be my guest. Please, do not alter the photo(s) and be sure to link back to this blog with a prominent photo credit(s). Thank you and I'm thrilled you dropped in!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Top 3 Views
Best of Views Infinitum
- Upstate New York Upstate NY Stock Photos 0
- Views Infinitum Gallery Click Here to View and Purchase Photo Prints and Gift Items of the Best of Views Infinitum. 0
- Picture This! Disney Photoblog Learn photography from a Disney fans point of view 0
- The Magic in Pixels Disney Themepark Photography 0
- Alaska Photography Photographing Alaska one plane ride at a time 0
- Breezes at Dawn The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you… 0
- Carsten's Photoblog Just another………blog! 0
- Cindy Dyer’s Blog 0
- I’m Just Sharing Mitch’s Blog for Bloggers 0
- Isathreadsoflife’s Blog Isa shares her thoughts and photos from Switzerland. 0
- Julie Journeys Off the Beaten Path Eats and Activities in the Capital Region and Beyond! 0
- Lake Superior Spirit Blogging from the Upper Peninsula North Woods… 0
- Montana Outdoors A weblog dedicated to the world outside the cities. 0
- My 2008 blog Beautiful Photos from Denmark 0
- Nye Noona The Thought That Makes You Itch… 0
- Picture Day An exploration of what I see 0
- Yesbut’s Weblog Read the About Page to find out 0
- Brenda Tharp 0
- Darwin Wiggett Life and Learning Through the Lens 0
- David duChemin Gear is Good, Vision is Better 0
- Joe McNally 0
- Ken Rockwell 0
- Kent Weakley 0
- Moose Peterson 0
- Scott Thomas Website for Scott Thomas Photography 0
- Thom Hogan Supporting Nikon on the Internet since 1994 0
- Digital Photography School Photography Tips, Reviews and More! 0
- Light Stalking Photography Blog and Community 0
- Nikon Rumors where there’s smoke there’s fire 0
- PhotoApps.Expert Resource for tips, training and more for Photo Apps 0
- PhotoCritic.org A writing and photography blog 0
- Photofocus It’s All About Photography 0
- Scott Kelby’s Blog Photoshop Insider 0
Follow Me on TweeterTweets by sthomasphotos
Great shot! I love to see that kind of thing! This should be a “front page” photo!
Thanks, Terry! Funny, the Syracuse Newspaper building just behind the monument in this photo. They have their own staff photographers whom I’ve meet. They pretty much ignore us “amateurs”.
I love the colors and the composition. I’m curious to see what they put on their front page, I don’t think it will ever come near this or any of your photographs. 😉
Brilliant picture, Scott. It’s a beautiful way to honor the heros and victims of 9/11.
Thanks, Truels. This was my second attempt of photographing these colors. Worked well with the twilight blue sky.
Love this – the color is outstanding. Beautifully done.
Very pretty! Maybe they will do this again for the 4th of July?
Maybe. I sure wish they would do other schemes.
Cool! Makes we want to salute something!
Wait! I think the (phallic) thing-y in the center might already be saluting… 😉
Okay, okay…let’s keep it clean. This is a family friendly blog, ya know? 😉
I love the colors and the smooth water! This is so nicely done.
Gorgeous photo! I love the twilight photos – I’ve got one on my to do list that involves hiking across a bridge, so I need to find a buddy!
You Americans are always finding stunning new ways to show off your colors. What a beautiful display you’ve captured in those fountains!