Blogmate Karma put up her April Photo Scavenger Hunt list which I copied to my trusty iPhone Notes app. There is still time to join in as the deadline is this Sunday, April 24, 2011.
This list was shorter but a bit harder to complete because of the cooler than normal weather which kept me either inside or the Spring growth under the ground and made trains very scarce.
1. Body of Water. This one was easy. Below is Mud Lake located at the Beaver Lake Nature Center and the location of my 5K walk a week and a half ago.
2. Train. This is as close as I got to a train. I hope the bonus shot covers this one.
3. Hood. There are all kinds of hoods I could have photographed. The one I enjoy sitting behind is the classic hood of my Ford Mustang.
4. Sprout. I first thought of the Jolly Green Giant’s sidekick for this one. Yet, I knew Karma was going after new growth. Not sure if this qualifies. Found it on a walk through the woods. Anyone know what this is?
5. Bud. Staying away from the obvious Budweiser wiseshot, I went with a sign of Spring from the Beaver Lake Nature Center hike. A sugar maple (Acer saccharum) bud in early Spring.
6. Basket. Easter is coming up so here is what some lucky kids will be finding this weekend filled with goodies.
7. Bunny. In this case, bunnies. Golden ones filled with Lindt chocolate. Anyone want one?
BONUS! Really, I do not see why everyone has so much trouble photographing these birds. At the Beaver Lake Nature Center, they cater to them.
Again, I was sweating it out at the end. Had to rely on walking the mall for the Easter photos and never did see a train. Looking forward to warmer weather for the next one, Karma!