Karma announced her August Photo Hunt in mid-July which played right into my hands. The weekend after her announcing the hunt would include things in the colors of the rainbow, the Syracuse Nationals rolled into town with over 7,000 hot rods, classic and muscle cars in every color the automotive industry has produced over the last 100 years. There is still time to join Karma’s Photo Hunt as she is taking submissions until this Sunday, August 28, 2011.
1. Red GTO. A classic Pontiac GTO with a hefty 328 cu. in. V-8 under the hood. (cu. in. means cubic inches).
2. Orange Coupe. A vanity plate proclaiming this is a Kool Koop.
3. Yellow Pontiac. 1953 Pontiac Chieftain in showroom condition.
4. Green Truck. A classic Ford Truck hood.
5. Blue Coupe. A ’41 little blue coupe called Frenchy.
6. Purple Chevy. The legend, a 1957 Chevy Bel Air.
Bonus (kind of) as this was taken by a fellow alum at the luncheon cruise during my high school’s alumni weekend earlier this month.