The color of October has gone to be replaced by the stark beauty of November trees prepared for the long winter months ahead. I took a sunrise of Onondaga Lake in the Spring when the light was much different.
Follow Me on Social Media
to my personal journal through my viewfinder. A place where I leave the world behind and try to find the spirit of what I am seeing.
Feel free to look around at all the posts and pages. If you'd like to borrow a photo(s) for your non-commercial blog or website, be my guest. Please, do not alter the photo(s) and be sure to link back to this blog with a prominent photo credit(s). Thank you and I'm thrilled you dropped in!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Top 3 Views
Best of Views Infinitum
- Upstate New York Upstate NY Stock Photos 0
- Views Infinitum Gallery Click Here to View and Purchase Photo Prints and Gift Items of the Best of Views Infinitum. 0
- Picture This! Disney Photoblog Learn photography from a Disney fans point of view 0
- The Magic in Pixels Disney Themepark Photography 0
- Alaska Photography Photographing Alaska one plane ride at a time 0
- Breezes at Dawn The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you… 0
- Carsten's Photoblog Just another………blog! 0
- Cindy Dyer’s Blog 0
- I’m Just Sharing Mitch’s Blog for Bloggers 0
- Isathreadsoflife’s Blog Isa shares her thoughts and photos from Switzerland. 0
- Julie Journeys Off the Beaten Path Eats and Activities in the Capital Region and Beyond! 0
- Lake Superior Spirit Blogging from the Upper Peninsula North Woods… 0
- Montana Outdoors A weblog dedicated to the world outside the cities. 0
- My 2008 blog Beautiful Photos from Denmark 0
- Nye Noona The Thought That Makes You Itch… 0
- Picture Day An exploration of what I see 0
- Yesbut’s Weblog Read the About Page to find out 0
- Brenda Tharp 0
- Darwin Wiggett Life and Learning Through the Lens 0
- David duChemin Gear is Good, Vision is Better 0
- Joe McNally 0
- Ken Rockwell 0
- Kent Weakley 0
- Moose Peterson 0
- Scott Thomas Website for Scott Thomas Photography 0
- Thom Hogan Supporting Nikon on the Internet since 1994 0
- Digital Photography School Photography Tips, Reviews and More! 0
- Light Stalking Photography Blog and Community 0
- Nikon Rumors where there’s smoke there’s fire 0
- PhotoApps.Expert Resource for tips, training and more for Photo Apps 0
- PhotoCritic.org A writing and photography blog 0
- Photofocus It’s All About Photography 0
- Scott Kelby’s Blog Photoshop Insider 0
Follow Me on TweeterTweets by sthomasphotos
Great picture. So peaceful. The colours are incredible. Awesome.
Beautiful sunset..calm and colorful.
It was very peaceful at the park last night. It was chilly so there wasn’t many other people around. I kept walking along the shore looking for interesting trees and other things to place in front of the setting sun.
These three trees came into view and it all came together.
Thanks everyone for your comments! Much appreciated!
What a lovely sunset. I love the lacy branches against that vivid sky. Nice photo!
Winter is just around the corner-I look forward to your snow photos!
A great shot. I love the fine detail of the branches against the sky.
Both photos are beautiful, but I much prefer the sunset. Great shot!
LOL I just got your e-mail to my comment…. with “both photos” I meant the one above and the sunrise photo you linked to 😉
Oh….that explains it!
Would like to thank all of you who are linking in from the “This Week in Photography” blog (see link under my Favs list to the right). Happy to see ya!
Lisa’s neat article on what to do when the weather isn’t perfect was very timely as I had just gone out and photographed this sunset.
Here’s a linkback to her article and you should check out her blog for more tips and other interesting articles.
thx for leaving a comment on my Irish picture! Keep watching there will be more of that country soon on my blog (if I have the time). Lovely to stroll through the year with your pictures! I like your work!
take care, cheers, Chris
This is so lovely, a beautiful sunset as we like to see it. I think this picture is special in some way, I can´t tell what it is, maybe the the angle of the clouds? Wonderful.
Very nice. I love the inclusion of the trees in front of the sunset. I think that’s what makes this image special.
Thats where I would like to sit quiet and close….
Beautiful photo, Scott! The starkness of the tree branches is a nice counterpart to the glory of the sky. My Nikon 18-200 lens is also my favorite. Mitch
Waving hello to all of you who have commented the last couple of days. Thank you for coming! I do enjoy visiting all of your blogs and am glad you liked this weekly view. I’ll be posting another on Monday so come on back! Ya hear?