Someday I am going to enjoy the Characters in Flight attraction at Downtown Disney. For now, I will have to settle with photographing this unique hot air balloon as it floated in a pastel sky minutes before the Sun went below the horizon.
Follow Me on Social Media
to my personal journal through my viewfinder. A place where I leave the world behind and try to find the spirit of what I am seeing.
Feel free to look around at all the posts and pages. If you'd like to borrow a photo(s) for your non-commercial blog or website, be my guest. Please, do not alter the photo(s) and be sure to link back to this blog with a prominent photo credit(s). Thank you and I'm thrilled you dropped in!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Top 3 Views
Best of Views Infinitum
- Upstate New York Upstate NY Stock Photos 0
- Views Infinitum Gallery Click Here to View and Purchase Photo Prints and Gift Items of the Best of Views Infinitum. 0
- Picture This! Disney Photoblog Learn photography from a Disney fans point of view 0
- The Magic in Pixels Disney Themepark Photography 0
- Alaska Photography Photographing Alaska one plane ride at a time 0
- Breezes at Dawn The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you… 0
- Carsten's Photoblog Just another………blog! 0
- Cindy Dyer’s Blog 0
- I’m Just Sharing Mitch’s Blog for Bloggers 0
- Isathreadsoflife’s Blog Isa shares her thoughts and photos from Switzerland. 0
- Julie Journeys Off the Beaten Path Eats and Activities in the Capital Region and Beyond! 0
- Lake Superior Spirit Blogging from the Upper Peninsula North Woods… 0
- Montana Outdoors A weblog dedicated to the world outside the cities. 0
- My 2008 blog Beautiful Photos from Denmark 0
- Nye Noona The Thought That Makes You Itch… 0
- Picture Day An exploration of what I see 0
- Yesbut’s Weblog Read the About Page to find out 0
- Brenda Tharp 0
- Darwin Wiggett Life and Learning Through the Lens 0
- David duChemin Gear is Good, Vision is Better 0
- Joe McNally 0
- Ken Rockwell 0
- Kent Weakley 0
- Moose Peterson 0
- Scott Thomas Website for Scott Thomas Photography 0
- Thom Hogan Supporting Nikon on the Internet since 1994 0
- Digital Photography School Photography Tips, Reviews and More! 0
- Light Stalking Photography Blog and Community 0
- Nikon Rumors where there’s smoke there’s fire 0
- PhotoApps.Expert Resource for tips, training and more for Photo Apps 0
- PhotoCritic.org A writing and photography blog 0
- Photofocus It’s All About Photography 0
- Scott Kelby’s Blog Photoshop Insider 0
Follow Me on TweeterTweets by sthomasphotos
Awesome shot, Scott! Us, too! Didn’t get to try it this last trip BUT we did notice the awesome silhouettes on the balloon. How nice to see it captured this way – you lucked out with a gorgeous sky! 🙂
Tracy, I have not had a lot of luck at Walt Disney World when it comes to sunsets. This was the best I have been able to capture. It was a little too windy for my tastes this day. It moves quite a bit up there.
On another note, did you notice the flickr photo I uploaded today?
Fabulous mood and shades in the Disney sky ! Love those characters in flight.
Thanks, Isa! This attraction was copied from the original one in Disneyland Paris.
Your timing was perfect for that one! Nice shot!
I had been watching the sky but couldn’t figure out how to capture it. There’s too many buildings in this area for a landscape and then I looked further up to the balloon.
Oh my. You got me with a pun. You should be ashamed, but I know you’re not.
That is correct, I am never ashamed of a well placed pun. 🙂
Well, I’m going to have to say it: Up, up and away!!!!! The light on the ballon is fantastic.
LOL Thanks, Barb. I added a video link to that song on this photo’s flickr page.
Great shot, Scott. I really wanted to seek out a hot air baloon festival this summer but never got around to finding one. That’s one thing I really want to photograph.
We have one here in Syracuse each June. You are more than welcome to come down for a visit.
Wow, now that’s a great image; love it!
Gee, you liking a sunset photo. How surprising. 🙂
Towards new horizons in a happy balloon – very appealing. 🙂
Well, this balloon is tethered (you can see the tether underneath the balloon) and can only go up and down and side to side as I witnessed. However, on most mornings around Orlando, you can see other un-tethered hot air balloons in the sky.
Beautiful colors! I like that the balloon colors match the sky 🙂
They sure do! Love it when things come together like this.
Fantastic shot! Mary Poppins is one of my favorite characters. She’s perfectly perfect on that balloon with the sunset highlighting the clouds.
She’s one of my favorites, too.
Wow the balloon compliments the clouds perfectly! Nice shot!
You’d think Disney ordered it that way. 🙂
Beautiful Scott, since I missed the Balloon Fest this year, this is a must to see. I’m still shooting for Christmas. 🙂