As I tell people when taking photos of children or pets, getting down to their level will make for better photos. Prairie dogs are only about 12 to 16 inches high when they stand up. Much lower when on all fours. To get down to their level, I got out of the car I was photographing in and down on my stomach. I held the lens steady by propping myself up with my elbows. This put the lens about 6 inches above the ground. Using my old Nikon D70 camera with the Nikon 80-400VR lens giving me an effective focal length of 600mm (400mm times the 1.5 camera crop factor), I got some incredible photos at the eye level of the prairie dogs.
Follow Me on Social Media
to my personal journal through my viewfinder. A place where I leave the world behind and try to find the spirit of what I am seeing.
Feel free to look around at all the posts and pages. If you'd like to borrow a photo(s) for your non-commercial blog or website, be my guest. Please, do not alter the photo(s) and be sure to link back to this blog with a prominent photo credit(s). Thank you and I'm thrilled you dropped in!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Top 3 Views
- PHOTO ALBUM: @monstershockey at @SyracuseCrunch fr. 4/19/19. @TheAHL #CalderCup #Syracuse #Cleveland #hockey… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 1 day ago
- The boys need you, #SyrCrunch fans. This is our house. Pack The Barn tonight and help us even this Round 1 series.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 2 days ago
- #SyrCrunch @BradyBrassart is @LukasFavale guest on the #ShootoutShow on @ESPNSyracuse at @TheOncenter War Memorial.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 2 days ago
- PHOTO GALLERY: @FMHornets @FMBoysLacrosse at @Bville_Bees @Bville_Boys_Lax fr. 4/13/19. @NYSPHSAA #boys… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 3 days ago
- It is the @MattMan2006 doing his thing during a @Bville_Boys_Lax game. https://t.co/8el3Y3hA7h : 3 days ago