I’ve talked about it enough around here so you’ll be relieved to know I took possession of a slightly used Nikon D700 digital SLR camera yesterday. I’ll be giving it a proper shake down later today. Look for the results next week. I purchased the Nikon MB-D10 battery grip last month with the Pioneer Woman B&H Gift Card I won way back in Febraury of 2009 along with a few other goodies.
Follow Me on Social Media
to my personal journal through my viewfinder. A place where I leave the world behind and try to find the spirit of what I am seeing.
Feel free to look around at all the posts and pages. If you'd like to borrow a photo(s) for your non-commercial blog or website, be my guest. Please, do not alter the photo(s) and be sure to link back to this blog with a prominent photo credit(s). Thank you and I'm thrilled you dropped in!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Top 3 Views
Best of Views Infinitum
- Upstate New York Upstate NY Stock Photos 0
- Views Infinitum Gallery Click Here to View and Purchase Photo Prints and Gift Items of the Best of Views Infinitum. 0
- Picture This! Disney Photoblog Learn photography from a Disney fans point of view 0
- The Magic in Pixels Disney Themepark Photography 0
- Alaska Photography Photographing Alaska one plane ride at a time 0
- Breezes at Dawn The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you… 0
- Carsten's Photoblog Just another………blog! 0
- Cindy Dyer’s Blog 0
- I’m Just Sharing Mitch’s Blog for Bloggers 0
- Isathreadsoflife’s Blog Isa shares her thoughts and photos from Switzerland. 0
- Julie Journeys Off the Beaten Path Eats and Activities in the Capital Region and Beyond! 0
- Lake Superior Spirit Blogging from the Upper Peninsula North Woods… 0
- Montana Outdoors A weblog dedicated to the world outside the cities. 0
- My 2008 blog Beautiful Photos from Denmark 0
- Nye Noona The Thought That Makes You Itch… 0
- Picture Day An exploration of what I see 0
- Yesbut’s Weblog Read the About Page to find out 0
- Brenda Tharp 0
- Darwin Wiggett Life and Learning Through the Lens 0
- David duChemin Gear is Good, Vision is Better 0
- Joe McNally 0
- Ken Rockwell 0
- Kent Weakley 0
- Moose Peterson 0
- Scott Thomas Website for Scott Thomas Photography 0
- Thom Hogan Supporting Nikon on the Internet since 1994 0
- Digital Photography School Photography Tips, Reviews and More! 0
- Light Stalking Photography Blog and Community 0
- Nikon Rumors where there’s smoke there’s fire 0
- PhotoApps.Expert Resource for tips, training and more for Photo Apps 0
- PhotoCritic.org A writing and photography blog 0
- Photofocus It’s All About Photography 0
- Scott Kelby’s Blog Photoshop Insider 0
Follow Me on TweeterTweets by sthomasphotos
Ooooh! Congrats and have FUN!
Thank you and I did and will.
I bet you will find you do not need the battery grip as the battery life on the D700 is impressive (the same goes for the D300). We found the battery grip to add needless weight.
The battery grip is more for adding frames per second for sports photography. Without the grip, D700 does 5fps. With the grip, 9fps. Very handy for hockey games and, as I found out over the weekend, Scottish games, too.
Oh! I’m so jealous right now! Well done, and have fun with it!! 😀
Don’t be jealous, start saving your money. LOL Thanks and I will have loads of fun with it.
I’m very happy for you for a whole lot of selfish reasons! It will be fun to see what you come up with as you get acquainted with the new camera.
I hope I don’t disappoint ya!
CONGRATS! I’m very excited for you!
That makes two of us! 🙂
Congrats Scott, new toy to play with. 🙂
Congrats Scott, I bet you are real excited.
Extremely excited, Preston. This was a long time in coming. Using it over the weekend was as much fun as I had hoped it would be. Previously, when I borrowed my friends D700, I had to be careful with it and leave his settings as it. Now, I’ve set it up the way I like it and will be adding my own tweaks as I learn more about it.
Wow, congrats Scott, that’s amazing. You’re going to have a fun fall, I suspect. 😉
Happy new camera!!! It looked like you already had an awesome camera before, so I can’t even imagine how much more awesome this one will be for you!
Pingback: Looking Backward at 2010 | Views Infinitum