With a major trip ahead of me and the need to travel with more photographic equipment than ever before. I went shopping for a bag which would do the following:
- Carry all the gear on my list
- Protect the gear from damage
- Fit in a commercial jet airliner overhead bin
- Have rollers and a long handle for ease of movement through airports and hotels
After looking at dozens and dozens of bags and reading just as many reviews from fellow photographers, I decided to stick with Think Tank Photo and found their Airport 4-Sight Rolling Camera Bag fit my criteria to a tee.
This week I filled the bag for the first time with the following gear:
- 2 – digital SLR camera bodies with L-Brackets attached
- 80-400mm Telephoto Zoom lens
- 28-300mm Super Zoom lens (attached to camera body)
- 24-85mm Short Zoom lens
- 11-16mm Wide Angle Zoom lens
- 15mm Fisheye lens
- 50mm f/1.8 lens (or Nifty-Fifty)
- Speedlight Flash unit
- Filter holder with Circular Polarizer, ND and Split ND Grad filters
- Extra Camera batteries
- Remote Shutter triggers
- Memory Wallet with lots of memory cards
- Cleaning clothes
Once filled, the bag moved freely on all four wheels on hard floors and easy to pull with two wheels on carpets. The bag meets all International and US carry-on bag restrictions. With handles on the top, bottom and side, it was easy to lift over my head fully loaded safely.
I am anticipating worry free and physical ease in transporting my camera gear during my travels.
Have a great trip!
Think Tank bags are my favorites. There is only one other pack that I like just as much and that’s the Lowepro Flipside 500 AW because I can fit a Canon 500mm prime into it and the hip belt is wider, better padded, and fits my frame. When not lugging around a supertelephoto, though, the Think Tank Airport series bags are my go-to bags.
I can see why you would go with a different bag for a big telephoto lens. Someday, I hope to have the problem!
Great bag and amazing organization inside 😉 I am looking forward to seeing your pictures once you take your photo gear our of this Think Tank bag ! Have a wonderful trip Scott !
I shall, Isa! Being organized like this will help a great deal in being able to grab the right gear at the right time.