With a major trip ahead of me and the need to travel with more photographic equipment than ever before. I went shopping for a bag which would do the following:
- Carry all the gear on my list
- Protect the gear from damage
- Fit in a commercial jet airliner overhead bin
- Have rollers and a long handle for ease of movement through airports and hotels
After looking at dozens and dozens of bags and reading just as many reviews from fellow photographers, I decided to stick with Think Tank Photo and found their Airport 4-Sight Rolling Camera Bag fit my criteria to a tee.
This week I filled the bag for the first time with the following gear:
- 2 – digital SLR camera bodies with L-Brackets attached
- 80-400mm Telephoto Zoom lens
- 28-300mm Super Zoom lens (attached to camera body)
- 24-85mm Short Zoom lens
- 11-16mm Wide Angle Zoom lens
- 15mm Fisheye lens
- 50mm f/1.8 lens (or Nifty-Fifty)
- Speedlight Flash unit
- Filter holder with Circular Polarizer, ND and Split ND Grad filters
- Extra Camera batteries
- Remote Shutter triggers
- Memory Wallet with lots of memory cards
- Cleaning clothes
Once filled, the bag moved freely on all four wheels on hard floors and easy to pull with two wheels on carpets. The bag meets all International and US carry-on bag restrictions. With handles on the top, bottom and side, it was easy to lift over my head fully loaded safely.
I am anticipating worry free and physical ease in transporting my camera gear during my travels.