June Hunting

Here are my photos for Karma’s June Photo Hunt.

Peace – Is a green leaf in the forest.

A green leaf of peace.

Joy – Is surviving cancer.

Cancer survivors at the 2012 Baldwinsville Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society at Pelcher-Arcaro Stadium in Baldwinsville, New York.

Pride – Is wearing your grandsons’ championship rings.

A grandmother's hand wearing her grandson's championship rings.

Click the photo to learn more about this Grandmother’s Pride.

I had to skip the last one and instead replace it with one of the bonus topics.

Strewn – Are bottle molds untidily scattered awaiting to be loaded into a blow molder at a soda plant.

Bottle molds waiting to be loaded into a blow molder at a soda plant.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to June Hunting

Well played, Scott! 🙂

All good choices, but the rings stand out. What a story they tell. (I’m also taken with the bottle molds strewn about . . . I am a fool for bright shiny things.)

3. Kathy says:

You did fabulously, Scott. I’ll bet Karma is grinning from ear to ear. Like Gerry, I was pondering the stories each photo told. Good choices!

4. Dawn says:

Each of them made me sigh in a different way. Very nice. Very very nice.

5. Karma says:

Very cool photo hunt, Scott. I am curious about what you might have chosen for “aplomb.” The rings are really something – I had no idea rings like that were handed out at the college level.

• I was hoping one of my photos of box lacrosse would show it. The helmets and the high ISOs I need to use to photograph the games didn’t really do it. Self-confidence is a tough one and I will be interested in seeing how others came about it. Now, if I had a photo of Dion Waiters (SU’s former basketball star) that would have worked. He is FULL of IT. 😉

6. Mike Criss says:

I love the grandma’s hand shot. Well done Scott.

7. Pingback: It’s a Wrap « Karma's When I Feel Like It Blog

8. Robin says:

Really well done, Scott. Each photo seems to tell a story. (Aplomb was difficult!)