1. Photography. I will continue to improve my skills at photography. To that end, I will be concentrating on both learning new ways to look at the world and sharing what I learn with you here through blog posts. I know this sounds very nebulous but I will make this clearer throughout the year.
2. eBook. My good friend Mitch of the I’m Just Sharing blog has mentioned to me I should do an eBook. I will be looking over the last four years of posts and see what I can pull together. I am great at taking photos and writing information but designing and laying out a book is not one of my strengths. Any ideas or suggestions for an ebook or how to make one looking good?
3. Blog Update. I have been looking at a few premium themes which would better fit towards promoting both the blog and my stock photography business.
4. Promotion. Continue to promote the blog and my photography via all the Social Networking outlets I belong to. Will be adding a few extras like the accompanying photographic prize with the bi-monthly assignments I introduced this week. (Had to start it before this post due to the timing of this month’s prize.) As mentioned yesterday, I almost doubled the number of monthly visits last year. This year I hope to bring it up to an average of 7,500 visits per month.
5. Photo Editing. I have purchased an interactive program to learn more about my main photo editing and management software, Apple’s Aperture 3. After I finish the program, I have a new editing program to learn which extends Aperture called Pixelmator which is a Photoshop like program for the Mac. Very excited about doing these tasks as I feel the digital darkroom is my weakest skill. Might find other fun apps along the way.
My annual pledge to you.
Here is something from my post from January 1st, 2009 that won’t change (with one addendum in italics):
- I will continue to add relevant links to my postings to encourage further research for those so inclined. It is something I like to do when visiting blogs and websites.
- I will continue to visit other blogs and flickr photostreams and leave comments I hope are encouraging and helpful to the blog authors and photographers.
- I do not mind people using my photos on their blogs or websites. All I ask is for you to give credit and a link back to this blog. If you want to use any of my photos for commercial purposes, please, contact me.
- I will do bi-monthly photo assignments to challenge those who participate.
Onward into 2012! Do you have any goals this year?