View 208: A Reverse Macro Christmas

Thought it would be fun to see a few favorite Christmas things around the house through a reversed 50mm f/1.8 lens using a macro reverse ring.

Needles on a Fraser Fir Christmas Tree.

Needles on a Fraser Fir Christmas Tree. Nikon D700/50mm (reversed), 8s, ISO 200, EV 0, tripod.

This is not Superman’s Fortress of Solitude.

Glass Christmas tree figurine on its side.

Glass Christmas tree figurine on its side. Nikon D700/50mm (reversed), 1/80s, ISO 200, EV 0, tripod.

This could be a moon of Jupiter.

Seashell Christmas ornament.

Seashell Christmas ornament. Nikon D700/50mm (reversed), 1.6s, ISO 200, EV 0, tripod.

To me, these are precious gems.

Red candy sprinkles on a blue frosted Christmas cookie.

Red candy sprinkles on a blue frosted Christmas cookie. Nikon D700/50mm (reversed), 2.5s, ISO 200, EV 0, tripod.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Weekly View and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to View 208: A Reverse Macro Christmas

1. Barbara says:

I had heard about this technique but hadn’t seen it in action before. Beautiful results!

2. Giiid says:

I like the Christmas tree, it looks so fresh and green,the golden light and the different colored blue background makes it my favorite. The blue Christmas cookie is fine too, but tell me, do you really eat icecold Christmas cakes? Or did someone forget a cake outside?

3. montucky says:

Interesting post Scott!

4. yesbuts says:

Two words – absolutely brilliant

5. Scott says:

I love the red sprinkles on a cookie. This makes me want to dig up my reverse ring adapter any my 50mm.

6. Sybil says:

I love taking shots of things close up, that look like something else. These are wonderful Scott !

7. Karma says:

You already know I love macros – what I really love here is how you found things to photograph that look like something else close-up. Very cool!

WONDERFUL macros, Scott!

9. truels says:

I really like these nice macro shots – and a lens like this is just what I put as no. 1 on my list of new equipment to the new camera, so it must be supplemented with such a macro reverse ring! Thanks for your inspiration 🙂

I am a fool for angel wings. Also for looking at familiar things in unfamiliar ways. And at last I can come visiting to see all this! Life is good.

11. Michele says:

I think you could officially quit your day job! You have really become one of the best photographers I have seen! Love the latest photos! See ya at Christmas…

12. Very cool! Aren’t macros FUN? I’m going to have to replace my macro lens soon, I’m wearing it out! 🙂