When approaching the staging area at ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip near Cicero, New York, most drag racers will perform a burnout − that is, apply water to the driven tires either by backing into a small puddle (the “bleach box” or “water box”) or having it sprayed on. The car then exits the water and does a burnout to heat the tires, making them even stickier. The stickier the better for the all important launch down the 1/4 mile track. The better the start, the better the time of the race and the better the chances of winning the race against the other competitor. See, burnouts make everything better at the track. Doing it on a public road will bring attention from your local law enforcement. 🙂
Follow Me on Social Media
to my personal journal through my viewfinder. A place where I leave the world behind and try to find the spirit of what I am seeing.
Feel free to look around at all the posts and pages. If you'd like to borrow a photo(s) for your non-commercial blog or website, be my guest. Please, do not alter the photo(s) and be sure to link back to this blog with a prominent photo credit(s). Thank you and I'm thrilled you dropped in!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Top 3 Views
- Another parting gift from the Trump Administration. I bet the US #Citrus industry loves this kind of PR. Yes? PEST… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 1 day ago
- RT @parkerbutler10: Millions of students have been doing this for years because of your party's inaction on gun violence. https://t.co/ymab… : 2 days ago
- Making #Baldwinsville (aka B'ville) proud! twitter.com/syrhockey/stat… : 2 days ago
- This is despicable! Hey, Trumpies, give yourselves tattoos but leave animals alone! US Fish and Wildlife opens in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 3 days ago
- Ditto! twitter.com/jimfarley98/st… : 3 days ago