When approaching the staging area at ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip near Cicero, New York, most drag racers will perform a burnout − that is, apply water to the driven tires either by backing into a small puddle (the “bleach box” or “water box”) or having it sprayed on. The car then exits the water and does a burnout to heat the tires, making them even stickier. The stickier the better for the all important launch down the 1/4 mile track. The better the start, the better the time of the race and the better the chances of winning the race against the other competitor. See, burnouts make everything better at the track. Doing it on a public road will bring attention from your local law enforcement. 🙂
Follow Me on Social Media
to my personal journal through my viewfinder. A place where I leave the world behind and try to find the spirit of what I am seeing.
Feel free to look around at all the posts and pages. If you'd like to borrow a photo(s) for your non-commercial blog or website, be my guest. Please, do not alter the photo(s) and be sure to link back to this blog with a prominent photo credit(s). Thank you and I'm thrilled you dropped in!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Top 3 Views
- PHOTO GALLERY: #Cortland @crushball at @OnondagaFlames fr. 7/19/18. @NYCBLbaseball #baseball #sports #photography… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 56 minutes ago
- RT @EARTH3R: The irony of Trump's Endangered Species Act proposal? It could lead to more endangered species trib.al/mDPPrj2 https:/… : 20 hours ago
- The Monarch Butterfly population in the last two decades have decreased 90% and is currently being studies for incl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 1 day ago
- Yesterday, the @realDonaldTrump Administration put forward proposals that essentially take a chainsaw to the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… : 1 day ago
- RT @BShieldsWFTV: On this date... https://t.co/nzTAeB6tqI : 1 day ago