When approaching the staging area at ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip near Cicero, New York, most drag racers will perform a burnout − that is, apply water to the driven tires either by backing into a small puddle (the “bleach box” or “water box”) or having it sprayed on. The car then exits the water and does a burnout to heat the tires, making them even stickier. The stickier the better for the all important launch down the 1/4 mile track. The better the start, the better the time of the race and the better the chances of winning the race against the other competitor. See, burnouts make everything better at the track. Doing it on a public road will bring attention from your local law enforcement. 🙂
Follow Me on Social Media
to my personal journal through my viewfinder. A place where I leave the world behind and try to find the spirit of what I am seeing.
Feel free to look around at all the posts and pages. If you'd like to borrow a photo(s) for your non-commercial blog or website, be my guest. Please, do not alter the photo(s) and be sure to link back to this blog with a prominent photo credit(s). Thank you and I'm thrilled you dropped in!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Top 3 Views
- 2017 was the second-hottest year in 138 years of record-keeping, trailing only 2016. The planet, our planet, #Earth… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… : 4 hours ago
- The 1 industry which is a major threat to the oil and gas industry gets nailed and over a 100K jobs are at risk as… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… : 8 hours ago
- PHOTO ALBUM: @TorontoMarlies at @SyracuseCrunch fr. 1/19/18. @TheAHL #Syracuse #sports #hockey… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… : 1 day ago
- Tonight’s sunset over the site of the AHL Outdoor Classic in Hershey, PA. #hockey https://t.co/5zKyMS5STT : 2 days ago
- In the land of @Streetspe3d717 photographing the AHL Outdoor Classic in the Hersheypark Stadium. A bit too cold and… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… : 3 days ago