A crystal ball is believed by some people to aid in the performance of clairvoyance like witches and wizards. I was introduced to how to use them photographically by Auburn Photography Club member Don.
Here are some tips for using a crystal ball in photography:
1. Things are upside down or inverted when looking through a crystal ball so you must flip them in your photo editor (see below).
2. Focus sharply on the crystal ball image and let the background go out of focus.
3. If you can not levitate the crystal ball (man, I wish I could learn how to do that!), find a secure place for the crystal ball. An assistant to hold it would be perfect (see Don’s photos).
4. Lens choice is up to you but one’s that can focus closely are easier to use.
5. Be careful when using a crystal ball in the Sun. They get very hot, very fast!
6. Find an interesting subject like maybe a fantasy castle.
If you would like to procure your own crystal ball, check out the Crystal Company and have some fun!