According to the calender, we are about a month before the Spring Equinox and the celestrial end to winter. That may or may not be true where you live. This is a good time to remind those who wish to take part in the Four Seasons 2011 Assignment to get out there and photograph your Winter shot. Spring will be here before you know it! Anytime you need to review the assignment, I added a link under Assignments in the right sidebar.
Follow Me on Social Media
to my personal journal through my viewfinder. A place where I leave the world behind and try to find the spirit of what I am seeing.
Feel free to look around at all the posts and pages. If you'd like to borrow a photo(s) for your non-commercial blog or website, be my guest. Please, do not alter the photo(s) and be sure to link back to this blog with a prominent photo credit(s). Thank you and I'm thrilled you dropped in!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Top 3 Views
Best of Views Infinitum
- Upstate New York Upstate NY Stock Photos 0
- Views Infinitum Gallery Click Here to View and Purchase Photo Prints and Gift Items of the Best of Views Infinitum. 0
- Picture This! Disney Photoblog Learn photography from a Disney fans point of view 0
- The Magic in Pixels Disney Themepark Photography 0
- Alaska Photography Photographing Alaska one plane ride at a time 0
- Breezes at Dawn The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you… 0
- Carsten's Photoblog Just another………blog! 0
- Cindy Dyer’s Blog 0
- I’m Just Sharing Mitch’s Blog for Bloggers 0
- Isathreadsoflife’s Blog Isa shares her thoughts and photos from Switzerland. 0
- Julie Journeys Off the Beaten Path Eats and Activities in the Capital Region and Beyond! 0
- Lake Superior Spirit Blogging from the Upper Peninsula North Woods… 0
- Montana Outdoors A weblog dedicated to the world outside the cities. 0
- My 2008 blog Beautiful Photos from Denmark 0
- Nye Noona The Thought That Makes You Itch… 0
- Picture Day An exploration of what I see 0
- Yesbut’s Weblog Read the About Page to find out 0
- Brenda Tharp 0
- Darwin Wiggett Life and Learning Through the Lens 0
- David duChemin Gear is Good, Vision is Better 0
- Joe McNally 0
- Ken Rockwell 0
- Kent Weakley 0
- Moose Peterson 0
- Scott Thomas Website for Scott Thomas Photography 0
- Thom Hogan Supporting Nikon on the Internet since 1994 0
- Digital Photography School Photography Tips, Reviews and More! 0
- Light Stalking Photography Blog and Community 0
- Nikon Rumors where there’s smoke there’s fire 0
- PhotoApps.Expert Resource for tips, training and more for Photo Apps 0
- PhotoCritic.org A writing and photography blog 0
- Photofocus It’s All About Photography 0
- Scott Kelby’s Blog Photoshop Insider 0
Follow Me on TweeterTweets by sthomasphotos
That’s a great comparison!
Thanks, Terry! I could not get down to the same shooting location for the winter photo as the park had the stairs closed. Though it looks like some people climbed the fence and risked it. Not sure I would. That’s a 200 foot drop at the bottom of those stairs!!!
Ooops. I was supposed to start in Winter? I figured I would just wait for spring and then start from the first season, and work my way to the last one. :c
That depends, Michael. Will you get a winter shot in by the deadline of December 28th? If so, then start with Spring! The Spring reminder will talk about that. 🙂
*sigh* That’s one challenge I won’t be participating in… just couldn’t find the right subject.
Bummer…keep looking, you never know when something might click. 😉
What a difference a season makes!
As you well know, Robin! But seeing it this way in big jumps of time the contrast really is startling.
I found a scene of a house that I like and took a winter picture of it, but not sure if I’ll be brave enough to go back and take the Spring, Summer and Fall shots. The house sits on a busy road and I have to stand in front and near the road to get a good shot.
Love your two images, the season makes a dramatic change in the same location.
I hope you can, Nye, but do be careful.
I’m now looking forward to summer 🙂
What? You already have Spring?
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I’ve really been out of the loop lately. Love the perspective on these shots. Not sure if I’ll get a good winter shot, maybe I’ll luck out with some early snow next year. We had our first snowfall in town this week and it didn’t even last for one day.
Pingback: Spring Reminder | Views Infinitum