Best of 2010

Views Infinitum Top 10 Photos of 2010

Which one would you select as the best photo of 2010?

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

By hovering your mouse over the slideshow area, a set of controls will display allowing you to stop the auto advancement of the images. Then, you can use the forward and back arrows to scroll through the images.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Animals, Nature, People, Sports, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

55 Responses to Best of 2010

1. kanniduba says:

Show off!!! LOL. ;)

Will come back after I give this some thought. Great slide show. Was fun to revisit these beautiful images. :)

2. JenniferA says:

I’m a sucker for a nice sunset, so I’m voting for Lake Ontario.

3. Karma says:

Huh! Before I ever saw my sister’s comment, I decided I was voting for Lake Ontario Sunset.
    I must say your new banner looks “cool!” (Forgive the pun!)
    Nice idea, showing your favorites of the year. Mind if I steal it?

4. montucky says:

Hard choice, Scott! I love the sunset though!

5. Mitch says:

As much as I love the sunset picture, which you know I love a lot, I have to say the best shot was at the national park. I’m not sure why, but that one just takes my breath away.

6. barb says:

Such diversity – and so hard to choose! I’ll vote for Lake Ontario at Sunset, but Painted Canyon is breathing down its neck. Happy New Year, Scott.

Too tough to call as so many are awesome in their own right! Congrats on mastering the WP slideshow! :-)

8. I bet you can guess which one is MY favorite! ;-) Breathtaking!

9. Mike Criss says:

I like the sunset and gorilla. Oh and the baseball mitt and glove. I had a hard time getting down to 21 photos.

10. kanniduba says:

Ok…I am the oddball once again.

I like them all, but I really love Take Flight, and I think Eat My Fairy Dust is a masterpiece.

11. Deanna says:

I hate picking favorites, but I really like Taking Wing, Painted Canyon, Red Panda and of course the Fairy Dust is also amazing!

12. Dawn says:

Debating between Baseball and the Gorilla….also love the winter National Park…

But I’m sticking to Baseball. Because you caught a fleeting MOMENT…and you can see the action in the shot along with the focus on the items up front. And because it tells a story.

13. Pingback: My Favorites of 2010 « Karma's When I Feel Like It Blog

14. Sire says:

Hi Scott, man you have some really great shots there. The clarity is superb.

I have a question for you. Do you normally use auto focus or do you do it manually?

I’m using a Canon EOS 550D and I used auto focus on several shots of a koala and I was pretty disappointed. Is it because furs puts the auto focus out as it’s too hard to lock onto something. I noticed on your shots of the panda and gorilla that the fur was really defined.

• Sire, I use auto focus but have learned to use the different focus modes to get the best results. I am guessing your camera and you are disagreeing on what to focus on. Check your manual about the different focus modes your camera has.

Another reason might be camera shake. I would need to see the photos and their Exif data to get a bead on how they were taken.

• Sire says:

I don’t think it’s camera shake, even at 52 I’m still pretty steady and I always make sure the shutter speed is fast enough to compensate for any slight movement if it was to happen.

Reckon I’ll have to play with it some more. Thanks for the advice.

15. Tammy McLeod says:

A lovely and diverse group of photos you’ve shared. I think I’d go for the baseball shot as it’s near and dear to my own heart. But the bluff are gorgeous too.

16. Paul says:

I am not much of a photographer. Besides the shoot button, I am not sure of anything else, not to mention fumbling with manual settings.

But I know a good shot when I see one, and there are many here. My vote goes to Lake Ontario sunset. Looking forward to seeing more marvelous pics from you, Scott.

17. Nye says:

I like all of them, but if I have to pick only one then it would be the red panda, it’s adorable.

18. flandrumhill says:

So many extraordinary images Scott. However, ‘Taking Wing’ made me feel like I was right there in the middle of the action. It’s especially beautiful.

Happy New Year to you and yours! Thanks for all the tips you shared with your readers this year.

19. Anna says:

Scott, these are all absolutely wonderful 2010 photos! I like them all! :)

20. Giiid says:

Great photos, all of them.

21. Robin says:

These are all great images, Scott. I don’t think I can pick just one. But if I must, I’ll go with “Hot Red Panda” because it makes me smile.

22. truels says:

Scott – they are great shots all of them (and I’m sure all those you had to pick away were great shots too ;-) )
    BUT: You know I’m a landscape-lover – so my favorite is the photo from Painted Canyon in Theodore Roosevelt National Park.
    With that stunning portrait of the Male Gorilla sneaking in to a close second place – because one of my New Year wishes is to try to photograph portraits :-)
    Happy New year to you and your family!

23. I like the painted canyon and the baseball shots. Happy New Year to you:)

24. Pingback: 2010 Collection of Best Images Listing (via JMG Galleries) – Chuqui 3.0

25. Chris says:

I think my favorite would definitely be of the Gorilla, that is a very nice interpersonal image!

26. latoga says:

What a diverse collection from 2010 Scott. I’d have to say my favorite is either the Taking Wing or the Fairy Dust Dragster, for two very different reasons…nice work!